About Your Appointment
For the safety of you and others, a driver is recommended for any appointment that requires your eyes to be dilated. Generally speaking, this will be for any new patient exam, annual eye exam, and on a regular basis for certain eye conditions (i.e. Macular Degeneration, Diabetes). If you are uncertain whether or not your eyes will be dilated, you may call the office for clarification.
Please Bring the Following Items to Your Appointment:
- Your health insurance card(s)
- Photo ID (i.e. driver’s license)
- Your medical insurance co-payment
- Updated list of medications and information regarding any health changes, procedures, or hospitalizations
Insurance & Billing
Our office is committed to making your visit a pleasant one. As a courtesy to you, we are happy to assist you with filing your insurance claim(s). We will file primary and secondary only. Any tertiary claims are your responsibility. We are a medical office but we also participate with vision insurance (i.e. VSP, EyeMed, Vision Plus)
At each visit, your address, phone number, and insurance information will be verified.
Your insurance plan may require a referral. You are responsible for obtaining this referral from your primary care physician. If you are seen without the proper authorization, you may be responsible for the charges incurred. Please be familiar with your coverage.
Insurance plans vary widely, and many of them have limits or conditions to coverage. In some cases, certain procedures may not be covered. If your insurance does not cover these services, you may be personally and fully responsible for payment.
Commonly these limits include:
- Refractions- (this determines the prescription for glasses, and is sometimes done to determine the best visual acuity for medical or diagnostic purposes)
- Routine or Preventive Eye Examinations - We will be happy to bill your insurance, but ask that you pay the refraction fee in full at the time of service since this is most commonly not a covered service. If your insurance does remit payment, you will receive a refund from our office.