National Nutrition Month
- Posted on: Mar 19 2013
March is National Nutrition Month
March is the American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 40th Anniversary of celebrating National Nutrition Month. The
Academy encourages everyone to “Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day.”
Below are 9 health tips from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
1. Eat Breakfast: Start your morning with a healthy breakfast.
2. Make half your plate fruits and vegetables
3. Watch Portion Sizes: Use smaller plates, bowels and glasses to help you keep portions under control.
4. Be Active: Physical activity helps lower blood pressure
5. Fix Healthy snacks: Try low fat yogurt with fruit, whole grain crackers.
6. Follow Food safety guidelines: Reduce your chances of infection by practicing proper hand washing. Use a food thermometer to make sure food is cooked properly.
7. Get cooking
8. Dine out without ditching your goals: Plan ahead! Add fruits, veggies, lean meat, poultry or fish to your plate.
9. Drink More Water: The Dietary Reference Intakes from the Institute of Medicine recommend a total daily beverage intake of
13 cups for men and 9 cups for women.
Posted in: Uncategorized